EU General Data Protection Regulation Notice
If you are located in the European Union, Articles 13 and 14 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation require us to provide the following information to you at the time we collect personal data from you:
- Our identity and contact details are:
Loosekid Industries Pty Ltd A.C.N.123 602 737
1/9, 65 Christensen Road, Stapylton, Queensland, Australia
- We intend to process your personal data for the purposes set out below, and the legal basis for each of those purposes is also set out below:
Purpose Legal basis To answer your queries about our products Article 6(b) of the GDPR, on the basis that the processing is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract The sale and delivery of our products to you Article 6(b) of the GDPR, on the basis that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party The provision of direct marketing materials to the email address you provide us Article 6(a) of the GDPR, provided you have given consent (by ‘opting in’) for us to process your personal data for this purpose Tracking you on the internet to use data processing techniques to profile you to analyse or predict your personal preferences, behaviours or attitudes
Article 6(f) of the GDPR, on the basis that the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of you which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child
The legitimate interests pursued by us in processing your data for this purpose are:
- to make you aware of our products that may be of interest to you
- The categories of personal data we may collect from other sources are:
- (a) information contained in cookies created by third parties, including your location and information about other websites you visit.
- The recipients or categories of recipients of personal data we collect from you and other sources are:
- (b) us; and
- (c) our third party service providers (including, but not limited to, Shopify, Campaign Monitor, Facebook).
- We intend to transfer personal data to the following organisations, located in the following countries, and give notice of the existence or absence of an adequacy decision by the Commission as follows:
Organisation Location Adequacy decision by the European CommissionUs and Loose Kid Industries IP Pty Ltd ACN 142 042 297AustraliaNoShopify Inc. and its affiliates, including Shopify Data Processing (USA) Inc., Shopify Payments (USA) Inc., Shopify (USA) Inc., and Shopify International LimitedUnited States of AmericaYes, but limited to the Privacy Shield frameworkCampaign MonitorUnited States of AmericaYes, but limited to the Privacy Shield frameworkFacebook Inc.United States of AmericaYes, but limited to the Privacy Shield framework
- The period for which your personal data will be stored is:
Type PurposeRetention periodFirst-party cookies created by us
To determine your location, so we can:
- determine whether you are located within a European Union member state (for the purpose of providing this collection notice and obtaining your ‘opt in’ consent where necessary); and
- customise our website the currency and language of our website to suit your location.
To track you on the internet to use data processing techniques to profile you to analyse or predict your personal preferences, behaviours or attitudesOne yearThird-party cookies created by third parties (for example, Google Analytics, Facebook, Good Adwords, Campaign Monitor, Shopify)
To help us:
- measure and evaluate our site’s performance by providing insights into site visitor behaviour and actions;
One yearInformation relating to your queries about our productsTo answer your queries about our products, and to maintain records for insurance requirementsSeven yearsYour contact detailsFor the purpose of providing direct marketing materials to you (provided you have first ‘opted in’, and unless you ‘opt out’ sooner)
- measure the effectiveness of our advertising on various platforms, allowing us to better allocate resources to the most effective areas. Event actions could be many things, including link clicks, page loads, read time
20 YearsFor the purpose of maintaining records for insurance requirementsSeven years
- You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
- Where you have given us your consent to process your personal data for a particular purpose (for example, direct marketing), you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- You have the right to lodge a compliant with a supervisory authority in your EU member state.
- The provision of personal data to us is not a statutory or contractual requirement. The provision of your name, contact number, email address and delivery details are necessary to enter into a contract for the delivery of our products to you. You are not obliged to provide that personal data to us, but the possible consequences of failure to provide such data may mean that we are unable to contract to sell our products to you.
- We do not use automated decision-making referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) of the GDPR.
By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.